Re: [ST] Cracked header

original message<<<<<

Paul wrote:>
>I think you're probably right, that's what I should have done. But I sent
>it
>for welding yesterday so that option is probably out now. I was probably
>more concerned with having it back on the road in short order since I'm not
>sure I would trust the trusty Buell for rides.

Paul,

As I mentioned yesterday, I have discovered the same problem ( make sure you
check the orientation of the clamp holding the muffler, it appears to be the
culprit).  I have opted to have the crack welded as opposed to an entire new
header.  As I see it, the weld will be the strongest part of the system, and
I did not want to wait either!  RAT Raid in Bandera Tx. this week-end!!!
Yeeee-haaaaa!!!!!

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)