[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #257 (fuel consumption)

              Sorry  Sprinters , but  I consistantly get in the
'neighbourhood' of 55mpg. The latest computation came in at 57 mpg. This
on the last 190 mi leg of a 484 mile day to the Allegheny nat'l forest
area of Pa. Said 190 mi. was mostly interstate at 85 - 90 mph ,with
lightly loaded bags and a rider weighing in at a svelte 165lbs. ( Had to
hustle home, as wife was told I'd be home in time for dinner. Didn't make
it...) Don't know for sure what the backroad mileage was , but in the
past it has been around  45 mpg. I live in Pittsburgh where we have nice
new sports stadiums and  really old , crappy & congested roads.
Consequently , I don't ride in the city much and have no idea of city -
mode fuel mileage.
	I have a proper red coat of paint ( I'm sure that boosts mileage -and-
sex appeal) on a bone stock '99
with an accurate and dry sender. Don't hate me...
	As for non - waving Hardley guys , I stand by my population density
theory.

		Yours,

	 Adam   ( trying to catch up on my digest reading - always a week
behind!)