[ST] Leather recs (was Re: (ST) Booh, leathers, shock)

> Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:45:42 GMT
> From: marc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ST] Booh, leathers, shock
>
> Patti, I'd absolutely have a chat w/Keri and see if he can expedite
service
> through Triumph, or if he wants to pick up rental on a U-Haul for you to
drive
> home w/Booh in the back...and make the reapirs his issue, not a local
dealer's.
> Plus I'd be leery of riding distance even if the local guy "fixes" the
problem
> until the bike had sme time on it...
>
> ..oh, for the days of simple bikes...
>
> Re leathers: at my maiden race at Willow Springs, my pitmate did some
impromptu
> geology on the outside of 9, and his cheapo AGV leathers blew a seam as
well.
> On one hand, he was unhurt...no damage under the split...on the other, it
> wasn't confidence building regarding those leathers (I wear Z's
myself...).

> Time to replace the shock on Vixen. What have people paid for Penske's?
Any
> other reccos??
>

> Marc Danziger
> 00 Sprint ST "Vixen"
> 95 Speed Triple "Strumpet"
> 82 Ascot FT500 racebike
> "Elvis"

Being here in Portland, we're lucky to be the home of Langlitz leathers.
Check out www.langlitz.com .  These are the more 'classic' styles as opposed
to one-piece and/or sport type leathers.  Yes, they're expensive.  But you
really can't buy better than this, if you're looking for this style.  If you
want custom, you're in for a wait though.  Regardless, it's a small shop
with personal service.  They supply most of the motor officers around here,
and for many departments in the Northwest.  I have a Columbia jacket and a
pair of the Westerns pants.  I bought my jacket used from a friend when I
had my Yamaha VMax, but new and custom made will run about $900.  You can
buy stock sizes new and those will be much cheaper.  The pants, new, were
$400.

Regards,
Eric G
Portland, Oregon