Re: [ST] Triumph Cruiser

Those pushrod twin designs are probably the same place the Nemesis design
is, in court in that one guy's head.  Where I think they should stay, his
track record isn't very good.

I'd have to disagree that a cruiser has to be a v-twin.  BMW has done very
will with their flat twin.  The press and Honda continue to call the
Valkerie a cruiser.

I seem to remember that when Triumph put out the Adventurer, it was billed
as a cruiser.  It does have the buckhorn bars and the gaudy chrome for it.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
What do you suppose the odds are of Triumph popping out a big-inch V-twin
cruiser? Remember those pushrod V-twins Norton was threatening to produce
alongside that monstrous V-8 Nemesis? I wonder what ever happened to those
plans? If Triumph is serious about being a major player in the cruiser
market, they really don't have a choice but to produce a V-twin. It might
not make much sense to the people on this list, but by and large we're not
the people who make V-twin cruisers the most profitable segment of the
motorcycle market.

End of st-digest V2001 #272