Re: [ST] for Patti - Chinese fire drill

>    This has got to be a put-on,... you're making this up as you go
>along, right?  Nothing this convoluted and bizarre could actually
>happen in real life.

I only wish I was making it up-- I really want to just wake up and
figure out it's all been a practical joke that somebody played on me.
But if it is, they haven't tipped their hand yet.

I sent email to Jerry Parrish today telling him that ToLV was no
longer a Triumph dealership, and that I'd left the bike with them
anyway to see if they could identify the problem.  I suggested that I
expected them to deal with it as though it was warranty work, and
asked what I should do in the likely outcome that they are unable to
identify the problem.  I also asked whether there was a point when the
bike was declared a lemon.

It will cost me about $150 to rent a U-haul truck and take Booh back to
San Francisco that way... and what an exciting drive it will be if I
have to do that.

Sadly, I only have limited time to deal with this right now-- I play
poker very seriously, and I'm in town for the World Series of Poker.  I
need to be back in the office on Thursday, so if nothing good happens
by Tuesday, I'll just take the bike to CalBMW and make them deal with
it.

I heard nothing from the dealer today.  I'll give them a call on
Monday, and follow up with Jerry Parrish as well.

- -P