Re: [ST] Cruizer.... OK.

From: Tony B. <thomas_4@xxxxxxxxx>
<snip>.... but what would it sound like??? damn
>interesting thought. not to mention it would rip up a
>45 deg V-twin on teh straights. Im anxious to see what
>they might do in this area as I love cruizers as well
>as sprints<

Interesting to see what they put out. I've got to wonder if it would be
along the lines of the (now discontinued) Yamaha VMax 1200. To some a
cruiser, to others a standard, that bike was very popular for a while. Very
powerful, would absolutely smoke any H-D. Competent anywhere but the tigher
twisties, owners got very loyal, and it's brutal power was one of
motorcycling's best kept secrets.

After it had been out for a few years, one could find all the required
chrome and black leather goodies for it. And that v-four sound was cool.
When Yamaha said they were stopping production, a cry went out and they
produced it for another year or two. Died a quiet death in '99, I believe.

Ken M.
'00 RS