[ST] Re:Triumph quality?

In a message dated 5/12/01 9:56:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I think we all paid a premium on our bikes for the "Triumph quality", so I
 expect them to honour it. >>

BMW, yes..Harley Davidson, well, bad example...Honda, absolutely.. but since
when has Triumph had a reputation for quality?  Any company must build their
reputation over the years with satisfied customers.  Triumph IMO, while
certainly not bad, has yet to establish itself as a premier manufacturer.  I
like Triumphs for the guts of building the triple and a well rounded machine.
 But they clearly are a cut below the japanese and other 1st rung
manufacturers in the glitch department.  But like any good startup their
improving some all the time.

Ken T. from Ca.
"tossed aside like cheap truck stop fare"

95' Trident, 96' Virago 11, 99' Triumph Sprint ST
http://www.labiker.com/gallery/images/K_M/kent.html