[ST] Sorry about your crash, Bench Dawg

Bill the Bench Dawg,

Get well soon.  I hope you're able to recover damages
from that truck driver.  Dropping buckets of tools onto
the road is criminally slip-in-sh*t.  (It's also, unforunately,
not uncommon.)

An amusing related story to cheer you up-

A couple of years ago I was driving my little Plymouth
Horizon on a local road.  Ahead of me was a station
wagon with a mattress tied to the roof!

Well, that mattress slid of the wagon and onto the road
in front of me. There was no avoiding it, so I just held
the wheel firm while the Horizon drove up onto the
mattress.  Various parts of the undercarriage dug in while
all four wheels were on the mattress and I wound up sliding
quite a ways down the road like that.

When I came to a stop the mattress owners helped me
separate the car from the mattress and get on my way.

And another, more darkly amusing story-

A little over a year ago my brother Mo was riding his mint
1984 Honda Interceptor VF1000 behind a pickup truck full
of junk when a big spray can of red paint fell off the truck and
started bouncing all over the road.  Mo dodged this way and
that, but in the end the can exploded under the front tire of
his perfectly restored bike.  He stripped it down to the frame,
but there are still spots of red paint here and there.

As Stirling Moss so aptly put it (while frustrated to tears)-

"Stupid slobs!"

- -Don Draper, Jr. "Blue Dawg"