Mechanical Idiot

I am a professed mechanical idiot, and know very little about major
motorcycle repair, however I want to install a scottoiler myself, instead of
paying someone.

I think I can do it, however I have never even taken the gas tank off my
RS. Is there anything I should know before removing it? SHould there be
anyhoses that I should look out for?

Also, if any of you have fitted a scottoiler to an RS, any hints and/or
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jason

2000 Sprint RS (Orange)