[ST] Dawg Pack at RAT Raid

Well, we just returned from a wonderful weekend of riding with our Dawg
Pack Buddies.  TSRA members in attendance at the RAT Raid in Bandera,
Texas, included Dennis "Rebel Dawg" Tackett, Steve "Underdawg" Duncan,
David "Bird Dawg" Viosca, Robert "Retriever Dawg" Head, Jenna "Pharm
Dawg" Head, Rick "Horn Dawg" Paukert, and Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer.
Now, if only Rude Dog could have made it!

Richard & I arrived late Thursday night.  The next morning, we had a
leisurely breakfast and a ride up and down Hwy. 16 before lunch, when we
were supposed to meet up with the RAT master, Greg Casey.  Evidently,
Greg was unaware that Torque said he was supposed to be there, so seven
of us decided to do our own ride.  It was a blast!  We hit Bandera again
about 5:45 p.m.  Most of the pack had arrived by then and quite a few of
us had dinner and then kicked tires until too late into the evening.

The next morning, our riding group, composed of most of the Dawgs above
and a couple of friends, including our dealer, his mechanic who happens
to be his brother & a friend, altered the route a bit.  As you can tell
by the Dawg names above, we had a "hunting" group, eager to sniff out
the curviest roads.  Rebel Dawg took the lead, as usual.  He does that
well ;-)!  We got a good deal of good riding in before they could not
sniff a way around the rain clouds.  We got drenched, stopped for a nice
lunch in Leakey, put on rain gear, and hit the most beautiful stretch of
curvy hill country road in the wet--Hwy. 337.  It made for some
interesting moments, but all returned safely.

That night we had a fantastic barbecue meal with some great company!!
It was all over too soon! We only hope that next year RAT does not
schedule this on Mother's day weekend, so more people will be able to
attend.

We even stopped by San Antonio on the way back to Houston and had a
visit with John "Law Dawg" Westcott and his wife Christine, who will be
joining us at the Eastern Rallye this year.

If you've never had a chance to ride the Texas Hill Country, give it a
try some day . . . . To all of you Texas Dawgs, it was great seeing you
again!  I know we'll see quite a few of you in Colorado or North
Carolina, but after that, we don't need to wait until next May to ride
together once again . . . .

Lisa "Aqua Dawg" & Richard "Sly Dawg" White