[ST] Wheel alignment

When tensioning the chain on my RS the other day, I got confused and lost
track of how many turns I turned each adjuster bolt. I resorted to measuring
how far each bolt head was from the hole it screws in to and made sure were
both sticking out exactly the same distance. Will this be good enough to
ensure the wheels are aligned and the front sprocket is in line with the
rear one? Is there a better method?

There are no reference marks to go by like there were on my Suzuki.

Thanks

Andrew