From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Neil
Lindsey
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 4:50 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] RS CF Can and EFI tune Questions

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew" <yogig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> It took them about an hour to download the tune into my EFI computer.  I
> watched them doing it.  It failed several times at 54%.  After they took
the
> fuses out for my headlight and taillight, then the tune went in fine.  The
> Technician said that sometimes when the tune doesn't go in right away,
they
> have to fiddle with the fuses, etc. to get it to accept the download.  Has
> anyone else encountered this issue?
>
> Curious...

Your ignition key must be on while the gameboy is attached and the engine is
not running during the FI tune download.  Since your lights would normally
be on as well, it wouldn't take long for the voltage level of your battery
to drop low enough to upset the ECU.  I would have thought that they would
have had to charge up your battery a bit before they could process with the
download.

Also the engine must be cold.  I understand the gameboy will refuse to do
the download if the engine is above a certain temperature.

Neil

*