Re: [ST] Patti

Thanks for the support.

I have a tiny chapter to add to it today-- this one my own exceedingly
stupid fault.

This morning I rented a U-haul, and collected the bike.  I picked up
some tie-downs at the bike shop, got everything secured, and drove
off.

About five minutes later, I heard a thud in the back of the truck, but
I wrote it off as just the bags sliding around, since I left them just
sitting loose in the back of the truck.

I stopped at the California border to ride the roler coaster (closed,
dammit) and checked on the bike.  Oops!  It was taking a nap in the
back.  In my sleep-deprived pre-noon state, I'd forgotten to put the
bike in gear.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Bloody brainead, actually.

Damage: scuffed left panel, broken shift linkage, bruised ego.

Tomorrow I'm dropping it off at CalBMW.

- -P