[ST] Re:insurance claim question

My insurance (State Farm) handles claims this way, although I've never
had repairs exceed the estimate. I was told they do this because some
shops won't commence repairs without money in hand. My brother had a
medical one from another company which low balled him and sent him a
check for a ridiculously low amount which didn't even cover the DR.  A
lawyer got him over  $50K, which covered Drs. Hospitals and about 1/3 of
lost income. Bottom line is you can recognize a hose job by the
disclaimer which should be on the check stating something to the effect
that acceptance of the check (by cashing it)  settles the claim in full.
I'd keep good notes of your phone conversations with the insurance
company. Hope you're back to riding soon.

David
'99 ST