RE: [ST] insurance claim question

Do not take any insurance company representative's word for anything.  Get
it in Writing on company letterhead.  Once you sign off on a claim (and
cashing a check could indicate just that depending on the insurance
companies policies) it is much more difficult to get more money from them.

Now, before I get flamed from our insurance company listers, please realize
that the adjusters are busy people too and they may not remember what they
told you or you may have interpreted what they were saying differently than
what was meant.

As far as loss of use, I would write them a letter detailing what you
believe your loss of use is including exact costs and negotiate from there.

I assume that you are dealing with the Truck's insurance company? And that
you are not yourself insured with this company?  Find out what your
insurance company would be reimbursing you for and if at higher rates than
their insurance company, negotiate with their company for those higher
rates.

Hope this helps.

Dan Wallander
'99 ST