Re: [ST] what breaks in a tipover?

 > I have experienced twice an ST going down on the left (only once was me) and
 > the shift lever broke much the same way each time.  The toe piece bends and
 > As I recall, the shift mechanism is about $70, an expensive part to order

ouch.  believe it or not, the suzuki price for the SV shifter is about
the same.  sigh.

 > for "just in case".  I am about to order the Moku frame sliders from
 > Lilley's for about $100.  Why not put your money there, because the fairing
 > bits are REALLY expensive?!

yeah, but i can probably continue riding without a fairing.

(but having cracked a panel already by being a dolt, i've been
considering the moku sliders as well.  does anyone want to admit to
having experience with them in a fall?  :-)

paul