Re: [ST] what breaks in a tipover?

On Thu, 17 May 2001, William A. Flowers wrote:

> See the list of what bent and/or broke when I went down (with
> assistance) while riding Thomas' new bike.  It included the rear brake
> lever, front brake lever and seriously bent the bolt holding on the bar
> end weight -- it could have snapped but didn't.  Of course various
> pieces of plastic were scraped and scratched, bracketry for same bent,
> other metal scraped and so on.
>
> > so my question:  what tends to break when an RS or ST falls over?  (besides
> > the fairing, of course.  :-)  anything that you'd take along rather than
> > be stranded without it?  (bear in mind i'm still waiting for my replacement
> > warranteed RS clutch cable from my dealer.)
>
> Levers (front, rear and clutch) and the shift linkage.  You can ride
> without the bar end weights.

If it was not for the silencer touching the rear mud flap, I would
have probably borrowed your rear brake lever and still rode home.
But that's just me. And yes I use the rear brake, sorry that was
a ZX thread.

t.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664