[ST] PIAA Light Installation

I am in the process of installing the PIAA 1100X auxillary lights.  I've got
two quick (I hope) questions for all those who have gone this route already.

1) In the pics on the website I can't see how the wires lead up.  They don't
seem to be attached to the forks.  What are they attached to?

2) When moving the big ugly platic connectors obviously the wires from the
lights are extended.  Are the replaced at the source or are wires spliced
into the existing ones?

3) Does polarity matter?

4) For my relay wire I would like to tap into the blue wire that cuts off
the headlight & heated grips during starting.  Would this work?

5) Which side of the bike are the relay packs, the one for the starter
cutoff is the yellow tagged one, that I will need?

Thanks all,

Eric

'00 ST (Babe Magnet) Blue