Re: [ST] ECU Memory During Shutoff

> For this bike the kill switch is for emergency use only.  If you use
> the kill switch to stop the engine the ECU does not get a chance to take
> these readings the bike will have to re-learn some settings and you will
> probabaly notice the difference for awhile.  In fact, I think it will even
> effect the way the bike starts the next time because one of the things
that
> is noted is the crank position

I'm not sure how this applies but one of the things my dealer cautioned me
about was using the kill switch and running out of gas.  He said that if I
ran out of gas it would confuse the ECU and that prior to trying to restart
the bike I should turn the key on and off several time, leaving it on for
5-6 seconds each time.  He stated that this would help the ECU recalibrate
and would help to eliminate any serious starting or initial running
problems. He did caution that there might be some initial problems in
performance and that it would be smart to ride it for about 5 minutes, stop
and start again.
You guys probably know all this!!
///Jim