Re:[ST] Lucky?

The bad news is the dealer is closed and the whether
is beautiful.  What I don't understand is the bike is
a 2001 with only 1700 mile on it and I have had many
old (20+years) bikes with their original cables still
functioning.  Is this a quality or design issue?

Hi Jim,

I was checking mine out yesterday and noticed the cable rubs along one
side of the opening.  My fix was to give a slight bend to the bracket
that bolts to the engine, removing some of the side load from the cable.

The other solution is on order. I'd rather have a spare hanging around
than be down because of a cable. YMMV!

Peace,
Andrew