[ST] RE: (ST) Any bad fuel sender fixes?

Hiya Dan,

Like yourself, I held out as long as possible before changing my sender unit. My
guage hadn't worked since my second tank of fuel but it didn't leak either so I
wasn't too worried about it. A few weeks back I was taunted by the fully
functional guages of Messrs. Treacy and Peters and the ST returned to the
dealers to have its' plumbing sorted.

I proceeded to monitor the behaviour of the guage against the odometer so that
I'd develop a picture of what that little dial really meant. The first eighty
miles the needle sat at full and budged not a mm from that position.
Another eighty miles and it's reading three quarters full. Six miles later I'm
at the side of the road with an empty tank and the guage still reads three
quarters full.

It goes in tomorrow for another sender unit!

Does that give you a warm fuzzy feeling?

Martin (Howlin' Dawg)

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software