[ST] Ugly noise when cold

Barry

My '99 ST makes a very loud noise when it is cold also.  It appears to be
the fuel pump.  Depending on how cold it is and how much gas is in the tank
it may stay on the entire ride.  I'm having mine checked out this week.
I'll keep you posted.
Ernie
'99 ST 14k

My (brand new) ST makes a quite loud noise when the bike is cold and the
ignition/electrics is turned on. If you immediately turn the
ignition/electrics off and then on again the noise does not appear, except
for the (less alarming) noise of the fuel pump/injection unit (or at least
I think that's what it is?). The loud noise does not appear when the engine

is warm. My dealer has had a look/listen and has told me that the noise is
the 'return valve' and that it is quite common and normal. Doesn't sound
normal to me! Is it common? What is causing it?
Thanks
Barry