[ST] Re: Throttle locks

I don't know if this will help but, a properly adjusted Throttlemeister will
act as a drag screw on the throttle grip tube.  It shouldn't lock it down,
it will only cause enough tension to prevent it from snapping shut if your
hand isn't very tight or you take your hand off for a rest.  The tension
should not be enough to require alot of extra effort to adjust throttle
setting.  I have riden 16,000 miles on my last bike and 27,000 miles on my
99 ST with a Throttlemeister set as such and have enjoyed it's function.  I
have not noticed any adverse affects on gas milage.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
Throttle locks and the like.  ok a lurker here and i know that i have
seen it covered once, but...i am looking for a throttle lock/cruise
control for my 99 sprint st.  now i have read about the throttlemeister
but i need more info and first hand experience.  are there other types
of locks?  how does one compare to the other, and on a ride of about
2000 miles dose the control save or make gas mileage worse.  i am going
to brainerd from socal at the end of july.  your help is appreciated.
of course if next year you should decide on a west rallye could you not
make it on fathers day?  with 6 ids it would be a tough sell.

thanks in advance

jim in vta