Re: [ST] Another lurker surfaces

At 12:56 PM 5/24/2001 +0100, Tim Mitchell wrote:
>I've been keeping an eye on the list since I picked my new RS ~10 days ago
>-- and thought it was time to add my 2 cents worth to some recent
>postings.....

Congratulations! Have you got the fastest color? (yellow, of course)

>Firstly -- the price of bikes, and Triumps in particular, in the UK -- you
>don't always have to pay the list price! how about GBP5999 OTR for a new RS
>? (MPI/Allins in Cambridge UK)

Well, in Italy the list price for a new RS is approx. GBP5800 (according to
www.xe.com currency converter), but it's almost impossible to obtain a
discount on it.

>I've clocked up ~400 miles so far (it rained a lot last week / working in
>the US earlier this week) and can (just about) find neutral from second, but
>not from first -- any ideas when I can expect this miracle to happen?

You'll have to be patient. I had to wait many more miles.

>Has anyone out there fitted the optional centre-stand? how long does it take
>to get on and off -- like, is it feasable to convert from "touring" mode
>(cente-stand, Givi racks, ?low pipe) to "scratching" without spending
>*hours* in the garage ?

Yes. You can install/uninstall it in 5 minutes, it's very easy.
However, I think it's impossible to scratch the centre stand even in
"scratching" mode :-)

         Andrea@xxxxxxxxx
  Triumph Sprint RS (lampu grogu)
http://www.motosardi.org/SprintRS