Re: [ST] Ugly noise when cold

Message text written by INTERNET:ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > >My dealer has had a look/listen and has told me that the noise is
> > >the 'return valve' and that it is quite common and normal. Doesn't
sound
> > >normal to me! Is it common? What is causing it?
><
My mechanic told me that it is not the fuel pump or the return valve, but
it is the pressure regulator.  It is located on the side plate on the tank
and is strickly mechanical, spring actuated.  Some vibrate when its cold,
some when it's hot, some never and some all the time.  It can be swapped
out but you may get one thats worse then your original.   And get this
there made in GERMANY,  made its thier way of getting us triumph guys to go
BMW.

Ernie
'99 ST 14K