[ST] En route

Today started the trip to Spain, through France and back to good ol' Blighty.

Plymouth - boarding the 'Val de Loire'

The first time I have taken the bike on a ferry.  I was expecting the bikes to be on a corner of the car-deck. Not so.  On embarking we were directed up a >30 degree (seemed  like 45 :( ) ramp with a sharp right to get on the ramp and a sharp left at the top and lots of interesting metal projections on the deck (I wouldn't have liked to do this in the wet).

The bike parking was a narrow corridor and bikes parked two abreast such that there was hardly room to struggle back down the line of bikes with my bags.  Some fairly tatty bits of rope were supplied - fortunately I had brought along my own ratchet lashing straps and padding [essential IMHO].

Saw another red ST but didnt see its owner.

- --
Mike
not receiving the list whilst away so please cc
st-rider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx