Prob: Vibration causing hands to go to sleep

I've been trying to overcome this problem on my own, but have been
unsuccessful and would appreciate any advice given on what I can try next.

Problem:
There is enough vibration coming though the grips to put my fingers/hands
to sleep on anything other than short rides, and on short rides it's still
distracting.

Solutions Tried:
I was told that I'm putting too much pressure on the grips, even though I
didn't have this problem the first few months I owned the bike.  So I added
Gen-Mar risers to put me in a more upright position.  No change.  I've
tried adjusting my posture to take as much weight off my hands as
possible.  Helps a little, but vibration still distracting..  I've had two
different shops take a look at the bike and both say it's running fine.

Addenda:
* I never had this problem riding other bikes
* The problem seems to be getting worse over time.

This is really preventing me from enjoying riding the bike and I'm
desperate for any idea that might help resolve this issue.

Thanks for your time,

Paul
'01 BRG ST