[ST] Rally madness

This weekend I'm riding in the Mason-Dixon 20-20 Endurance Rally in the
PA/MD/VA/WVA area.  It is a boni points and check point type rally and the
winner gets an invitation into the 2003 Iron Butt Rally.  With this being my
first rally I have absolutely no false hope that I'll even finish on the
podium.  But with about 95 riders, and many of them being on Harley's as
this is based out of York, PA, my goals are to not be timed barred and to
perhaps finish mid pack.  I've driven myself nuts plotting the 300+
locations and using the newly acquired MS Streets and Trips to find the best
routes and entered waypoints into the GPS.  I've got a 1250-1300 mile route
planned for the 31 hours with shortening cuts to ensure I make the
checkpoints if I'm making slow progress.  So I'll see how it goes and report
next week on my deepening riding addiction.

Doug Bailey "Hound Dawg"