From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Brent C Bailey
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 2:36 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Prob: Vibration causing hands to go to sleep

I installed some Johar (Johan?) foam grips on my ST about 8 months ago
and they helped with my similar problem tremendously.  Because of the
foam padding, you lose just a little feel in the throttle response but
unless you're spending a lot of time on the track that shouldn't pose
much of a problem.  I don't use gel gloves as others have suggested so I
don't know if the combination of gel gloves and foam grips would cause
you to lose too much feel.  In any event, you can always reinstall the
stock grips for situations where precise feel is required.  (Blowing
compressed air under the grips makes them slip right off.  Nice trick I
learned from the guys at Motorcycle Mania.)  I got my grips at my local
dealer (MM in Houston) and they were only about $8-9 if I remember
correctly.  Well worth it!

Brent Bailey
Houston, Texas
'00 Sapphire Blue ST