[ST] GPS Options - PDA with GPS Attachment?

I have been itching to get into GPS toys for quite some time. I have browsed
the ST web site and read Motorcycle Consumer News reports on which GPS units
work better. That was last year. This year I was looking at PDA's like Palm
Pilots and Visors. AND there are GPS accessories for these devices. Wow!
Seems you can have cake and eat it too!

Question to the list:
Has anyone tried this combo? (PDA with GPS accessory) It would seem the best
of both worlds. (you can even get your e-mail on it!) My desire is to be
able to check out location and best 'road less traveled by' options at
upcoming intersections.

Thanks,
Bill Findiesen
99 ST - Jett Age