[ST] Oil Leaks and Customer Service

I would like to take a second and thank Mikey Cohen and his Orange
County Triumph. After three attempts from the former dealer in Las
Vegas, I rode down to OCT where I bought the bike and, because he had
given his entire service dept. the weekend off, Mikey worked on my bike
himself until he had found my oil leak and fixed it. (The Las Vegas
dealers solution was to throw parts at it and hope it, and I, went
away). All this on a day he had taken delivery of his new Cobra!
    It turns out my oil leak was coming from the middle of three
torx-head crankcase bolts underneath the rubber vibration damper
underneath the alternator. It would drain down across the engine and
leak out left side (by the C/S) when it was on the side stand. With the
left fairing off, you could see oil underneath the starter motor.
    I hope sometime soon we get a dealer back in Vegas, and I hope
they're at least half as good OCT.
David
'99 ST