From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric
Drayer
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 8:24 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Prob: Vibration causing hands to go to sleep

Paul:

I had that problem for a short time twice.  The first was when I picked
up my ST last summer.  After not riding for 15+ years (and much smaller
bikes at that) I was a little nervous which resulted in gripping my bars
too tight.  After I realized that and loosened up it went right away.
Of course you would think I learned from that.  This spring after the
winter layoff I took my baby out for a spin and had the numbness again.
Same solution worked....just relax and ease up your grip....instant
solution.

You may think you are using a light grip but are probably not.  Try
putting something very soft inbetween your hand and grip to see how
light a touch you are really using.

Hope it helps.

Eric