[ST] Perfect ride

Hi all,
I went down to the Eastern Transvaal (South Africa) this weekend for the
Paradise Rally and wow what a blast we had. Must be some of the best roads
and scenery anywhere in the world especially the final 70 miles of mountain
passes to Graskop. I Totalled my almost new BT020 tires on the way back and
had to cruise home with only the centre sections of both tires still having
tread remaining.
a Friend of mine on a VTR 1000 fitted new D207's at the rally site on
Saturday morning, took his bike back through the mountains and in a matter
of 200 miles totally destroyed both tyres. He had to fit new tires again for
the ride back home. We kept the D207's as a decoration for our club house.
I spoke to quite a few Triumph owners on the rally and they all raved about
their bikes (funny how in a crowd of thousands of bikes the 20 odd triumph
owners manage find each other). Triumph only returned to South Africa in
full force when Kawasaki took over distribution. According to my dealer the
Tiger and S/Tripple are their best sellers.

My RS performed faultlessly over the total 550 mile trip which included some
*very* high speed slab driving (135+ M/ph over a distance of approx. 30
miles).

Bad news:  Needs tyres
Good news: Had a blast using up the old ones
Bad news:  Got pulled over at a road block (NO number plate, NO licence
disc)
Good news: Drivers license in my bag
Bad news:  Bag on truck, gets a fine: 50 bucks
Good news: 50 bucks in our currency (Rands) should buy you a Big Mac, large
fries, Large Coke and some apple pie (approx US$6). Which is a small price
to pay for not fitting a number plate and disc, which no one does anyway,
because bike thieves can get your home address through their corrupt friends
at the traffic department.

Regards
Gerrit Herbst
'01 Yellow RS