[ST] Prob: Vibration causing hands to go to sleep

All,
    I have seen a few posts mentioning bothersome vibration through the
handlebars and I find this interesting. Although my hands have at times gone
numb, it has ALWAYS been due to pressure on the palm of my hands from
leaning on the grips or gripping the bars too tightly. It only occurs when I
begin riding in the springtime (cool or cold weather and forgetting how to
ride over the winter) or go long distances. What is happening is that the
blood flow is getting cut off, much the same as when you sit or lie in a
position that causes and arm or leg to "go to sleep". When I rode dirt bikes
where you don't lean on the bars, my hands would go to sleep when I gripped
too hard. My forearms would pump up as well. Vibration will put your hands
to sleep, but I am wondering what vibration you are referring to on the
Sprints. The only vibration I feel through the grips is road surface
feedback. Either I have the silkiest running bike or there is something
wrong with all these "vibrators". I have owned many bikes. The Sprint is by
far one of the smoothest. It's close to my old Gold Wing.
    If you are going numb in the hands, adjust your riding position so you
aren't leaning on the bars, relax, and find gloves (or grips) that spread
the pressure and improve your grip so you don't have to hang on so tightly.
Throttle tensioners and flaps help too. Don't wear tight gloves that
restrict blood flow. Coldness also restricts blood flow through your hands.
Get warm gloves and/or use heated grips or catalytic hotpacks in your gloves
if you ride in the cold.
    If none of the above helps, you may have circulation or nerve problems
(carpal, median, ulnar...). See a doctor in that case.
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------