RE: [ST] My opinion about the Aprillia Futura

This thread happens at a point when I'm struggling with the whole issue of
what bike to buy next, so I thought I share my pain and see what you all
think.

I happen to like the styling and performance of the Mille R--way more
exciting then the 916 and much more comfortable as knee dragging sport bikes
go. But since I'm a touring-sport kind of rider, I have to admit to myself
that it is a bad fit for the type of riding I do most of the time and
therefore put off the Mille R in favor of another year on my trusty Sprint
ST (32k miles so far, another 10k this year fer sure).

When they annouced the Futura, I got real excited, at last, an Italian
Sprint ST! After catching a glimpse of the beast however I came to the same
conclusion as most of you, butt ugly and then some.  Bottom line: leaves me
cold and I know in a year the Futura will look really tacky and dated (some
have called the Sprint ST bland, I prefer to think of it as timeless appeal
based on traditional lines).

They only other bike I am seriously considering right now is the Duc ST4s,
but it is not imported into this county yet.  I was a big fan of the Duc
ST2, test rode one before buying the Sprint ST.  Had the ST2 had a stronger
engine, it would have been a real tough decision.  With the Duc ST4s coming
out in October....

Jay