[ST] Beware!

Just returned from North Carolina after being nearly run over by some
idiot who crossed over the center line on a slow 15 mph hairpin turn on
Hwy. 28 south of Highlands, N.C.. The rider in front of me had to take
evasive action to miss the truck and I lost the bike in the "marbles"
trying to avoid him. The bike started to lowside and I didn't feel that
sliding into the rock wall on the other side of the road so I tried to
give it a little throttle to bring the rear back in line...well, it
found a spot of clear  pavement and the highside that followed was not
fun! Four broken ribs, a hell of a stinger on my right shoulder and a
trashed Shoei RF 800 as well as my leather jacket with the right side
ripped up. The Draggin Jeans worked great...no road rash. Was not able
to contact help on cell phone and had to ride the bike 30 mi. back to my
place in Otto, N.C.The offending party, PC for asshole, didn't even
stop. My brother lives in Franklin N.C. and he said that there has been
a rash of accidents with people crossing over the center line...even had
a school bus involved in one on Hwy. 64 from Franklin up to Highlands.So
far the repair estimate is about $4000.00
The right side was trashed, broken right foot peg, saddlebag destroyed,
exhaust can
dented,handlebar and bar end smashed, mirror, front fender and the rear
sub-frame that holds the seat, side panels and bag racks is 4 inches off
center of the rear tire.
Insurance will cover most damage and replace my helmet and jacket as
well. For folks attending the TSRA rally coming up... BEWARE the idiots
that don't know how to drive in the mountains.

D. Johnson
Red '99' ST