Re: [ST] Hi - just purchased a new RS

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <NFerr95001@xxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Today I purchased a new leftover RS in yellow
> and traded in the trusty 96 Adventurer.

Congratulations -- you won't be sorry

> I ordered the carbon fiber pipe, the sport bags, tank bag, grab rail,
> power plug, and the carbon tank pad (whew).

I would have recommended the rear luggage rack instead of the grab rail, but
I guess you were going for the cleaner look?  Also, if you don't know
already, the seat cowl will need to be modified if you want to continue
using the rack or grab rail at the same time (see
http://www.triumphnet.com/st/mods/cowl/index.html for details).  Also, since
there have been reports that some dealers don't realize this, the seat cowl
is standard equipment on the RS.  I would also highly recommend the centre
stand (no you won't drag it).

Did you negotiate for the installation of any or all of these accessories to
be included too?

As for the power plug, you can use the male plug from BMW or John Deere and
make up an adapter for use with accessories such as heated vest, etc.  I
don't think Triumph even sells this plug.  The John Deere part number is
RE11344.

> I also tested a
> Kawasaki zrx1100 leftover.

I tested the ZRX1100 and the Bandit 1200, but actually bought the ST after
only sampling what a triple was like (Triumph Thunderbird).  It was the
total package of the ST that sold me.

Neil