Re: [ST] Cold weather questions

On Thursday, November 1, 2001, at 09:51  AM, Daniel Miller wrote:

> I use the same thing(NOJ), it really solves the cold wind getting into
> the helmet/down your neck.
> I also have a balaclava which I never use!
> Daniel

For those of you who haven't used a balaclava, they are good for some
things that may not be readily apparent.
1) I have used one made of silk, and it makes a slightly loose helmet
fit better. Of course, one made of a thicker material would make a
looser helmet fit better.
2) It's easier to wash a balaclava than the inside of a helmet.
3) I'm an amateur radio operator, and I sometimes want to use an
earbud/throat mike combo with an amateur radio transceiver. A balaclava
helps keep those items in place while donning the helmet, and while
wearing it.
4) A balaclava will help deaden wind noise somewhat.

Regards,

Dennis in Scottsdale, AZ
'00 RS miss me Yellow