[ST] local bike night

"Sadly, nobody was there to say anything to me about
when I was going to get a 'real' bike, or asking why I
rode a 'girls' bike."

My favorite reply is that  "someday, I'll be too old to go fast, too.
Then maybe I'll think about a Harley!"

"Further down the lot there was also an *OLD* Triumph chopper."

For those of us too young to remember, In the sixties and seventies
Triumph and BSA Choppers outnumbered Harley ones by a significant
margin. Then, as now, Harleys were considered big, slow hogs (driven by
the Pigs, our counter-culture term for the nice policman man.) If you
wanted a COOL bike, you looked across the pond.
I've heard tell that when Peter Fonda set about getting the bikes for
Easy Rider, there wasn't enough money in the budget for "real" bikes, so
they found some broke-dick ex-police bikes in a salvage yard and had
them customized. Apparently the chrome cost about 3 times what both
bikes cost. The rest, as they say, is history. BTW, the original Captain
America bike was supposedly stolen from a storage unit and parted out!

David
'99ST