Re: [ST] And Dealers wonder why they are losing business to mail

Sorry, my good friend Tom-E (and others), but I have to chime in here and
agree with Stu.  If you have a shop that has earned your business, with good
service & an over and above attitude (RPM in my case). Then supporting them
is fair and right.  I can't tell you how many times they have come thur for
me, sure they aren't perfect (who is?) but they stand behind their work and
treat me like a person.  In other words we joke around, they give me shit, I
give them money and have confidence my bike is well taken care of.  I can go
down and hang out in the shop if I want and learn something now and then.
So, I pay a little more for a tire?  I get that back in spades in the long
run.

You know the shops only get paid a "book rate" on all warranty work?  If
they can't figure out and fix a problem in the allotted amount of time then
it comes out of their pocket (and it happens ALL the time).  I would rather
have a dealer take his time on my warranty work and know it's done right,
than be considered a "cheapskate asshole" and be treated like one. After all
I'm considered an asshole in enough other areas, I don't need to add
cheapskate. :-]

STeve Duncan
'00 -ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx