Re: [ST] And Dealers wonder why they are losing business to mail

	Whether or not to patronize your local dealer depends a lot on who your
local dealer is.  If you are on of the lucky ones with a great dealer close
by, then by all means spend the couple of extra dollars for their service.
If on the other hand, you live hours from the nearest dealer, or the local
dealer is of very poor quality, then it is ridiculous for someone to expect
you to patronize them.
	I do all of my own work on my bike because I want to, not need to.  When
it came time for the first oil change I tried to patronize my local dealer
for the oil and crush washer.  They were out of the washers, and the oil
cost 70% more than the local Wal-mart.  I emailed Lilley's and had the
parts faster than the local dealer could get them, and for less money
(including taxes, shipping, and exchange rates).
	Of course service should be taken into consideration when picking a
vendor.  More often than not though, I get better service from online
vendors than I get from the local dealer (the extraordinary service from
Lilley's really proves this).  It's my money, and I will choose to spend it
where I feel best serves my needs.

just another $.02

Nick
'00 yellow RS