Re: [ST] Loose topcase?

Mine suffered the same problem after about the same period of time. I
rarely took it off, but after a year or so several of the plastic buttons
on the underside had broken off and were missing. Since it was still under
warranty, I figured they would just pop some more plastic bumpers on it.
Cal Triumph found you can't order just the bumpers, so they had to order
the entire bottom section of the trunk. Pretty wasteful and then I also had
to go through the hassle of switching the lock hardware.

>After a year and a half of daily use, my topcase is fairly loose, and
>I can hear it bouncing around when I go over bumps.
>
>I'd search the archives, but the search engine is down for now.  Is
>there an easy fix?  Maybe replace the rubber that's on the underside
>with something thicker?

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643