Re: [ST] Visit from the Prince of Darkness

Okay, time to fess up.

Back in college, with a $4 budget and a 1981 battered GPz550 (still own, runs
better now) as my only option to a much more battered and rusty 1981 F150
(hmmm, both '81, battered and red, pattern?) I decided to adjust the valves,
shim and bucket style.  To make it easier to turn over the engine with the
head off, I removed the spark plugs, all four of them.  After quite some
time, and using the metal shop in the physics department (I dunno why they
have one, but it is nice) to make and temper new shims, I put the bike back
together.  A couple of days went by, drinking binge, finals, girlfriend, I
cannot remember what, but I got back to the bike and it wouldn't start.
Damn, but with those new shims it sure turned over easy!!

Long story short, I spent all sorts of time trying to figure this one out
until I decided to check if I had spark.  Huge DUH!!  Wow, did I feel dumb.

Thanks, this list is like the psychiatrists couch.

Sean
'01 Sprint ST (havn't messed with the valves)
'98 XR400 w/ lights (and easy valves to work on)