Re: [ST] And Dealers wonder why they are losing business to mail

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 02:56:08PM -0800, Stuart Mumford wrote:
> [...]

I didn't know Chaparral was a local dealer, which is what I thought we
were talking about, but was under the impression that it was a large,
mail-order company.  If they are a "shop", then I apologize for my
statement.  If they are indeed the mail-order company I thought they
were, then the fact that they are "local" to you is really irrelavant,
since they don't need local business if most of their sales are
mail-order.

 > Please don't pick my post apart and quote it back to me verbatim, you
 > guys all know what I meant.

I didn't think I was picking it apart, just pointing out a
contradiction, which, like I said, was maybe a misunderstanding on my
part.  As far as quoting it back verbatim, it's just how I like to reply
to things.

 >  In a nutshell, if you don't have any good local dealers, I'm sorry.
 > Are you part of the reason that you don't have them? Did you chisel
 > them out of business?

Well, I just got my ST in May, so I never had occasion to go to one
of the Euro guys before.  Before that, though, I had a Honda Nighthawk,
and bought my share of overpriced oil filters and $13 valve cover end
caps--you know, those little half-moon plastic pieces--for it from the
dealer that's 1 mile from me.

I don't want to see any local dealers go out of business either, but
whether I buy from them is dependent on whether I'm willing to pay the
price they're willing to supply at.

Laters,
Brian
- --