[ST] Ben's tire & Martin's new ST

Gents,
	First off, congrats to Martin on his new 2002 ST (yes....we are
jealous of the new motor). You will love the bike. No doubt about it!  O.K.
now that we have that out of the way (still jealous of the new motor), Ben's
tire dilemma.
	Ben, you will probably receive at least as many opinions about tire
choice as you will about the best/fastest color on this list (heh heh heh,
fire away folks, snicker). My two cents worth: choose your tire based upon
your riding habits. You will get a ton of differing opinions on brand (I
prefer to stay with the Bridgestones as they are the tires the bike was
developed around...and yes, tire profile does affect handling
characteristics), and model (this is where your habits come in). There is a
great selection of rubber out there right now. I have been running
Bridgestone BT56SS' and love them. They offer fantastic grip (riding on
Velcro), last fairly well for a "sport" tire (4500 out of the last set), and
can easily handle the occasional track day with aplomb. Do be aware that
this is the time of year that "new" tires start to come out of the
manufacturers for the coming year. Check the dates on the tires to make sure
they are not over 1 year old as the rubber does change consistency (another
nice thing about mail order...large stock of "fresh" tires, not last year's
old ones looking for a home).  Good luck and more to follow I'm sure.

Later,
Dave