RE: FINE-C(Re: [ST] Visit from the Prince of Darkness)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Strizver, Chris L wrote:

> Warm up? Why would you need to allow a fuel injected vehicle to warm up?

This must be bait, just is case it is not; As the engine warms the
rings, bearings and such will expand a bit. If you expect any power out
of a cold engine you are doing it at the expense of the rings, bearings
and other moving componants. Granted modern materials are probably more
durable than in the past. But I never push a vehicle until it has
reached full opporating temperature. I wait the for bike to get 75% of
the way, and with the car and truck I just take it real easy until the
bike is up to temp. Which realy sucks as I live on a busy road.  In the
morning I have to wait for a decent gap so I can pull out like granny.

YMMV, but I never expect much out of an engine until it is up to temp.