RE: [ST] Idle problem after refuelling and short journey

In addition to other responses, the Sprints do not like to be turned off
with the emergency stop switch.  You need to use the key to turn the engine
off.  Many of us have experienced occasional brain farts from the ECU after
using the emergency stop to turn the engine off.  Something to do with the
ECU's need to record engine data after switch off which it can only do if
you turn the engine off with the key.  Fortunately, rebooting is as easy as
turning the key off and on again.

Dan (Hungry Dawg) Wallander
'99ST

During the journey it still would not idle, I switched off the bike and then
re-started it and then it idled fine.
I'm not sure if the problem is linked with the full fuel tank and leaving it
on the side stand or just the short journey, although it had warmed up ok.
I also noticed that the fuel consumption for that part of the journey was
very bad, as if the engine management was applying choke all the time.
Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated.