[ST] Front end shake

> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:04:08 -0600
> From: "Eric Mann" <eric91z@xxxxxxxx>
> Just looking for some help with a front end shake the bike has developed.
> While out riding with the beautiful weather we had in Iowa last weekend, I
> noticed the handlebars shaking a little - especially when slowing down.
> Took both hands off the grips at one point and it was shaking pretty good.
> Had a little of this before when the rear tire had a leak and was low on
> air, but everything is fine back there.  I have about 4100 miles on the
> original, stock front tire, and about 3000 miles on the new (stock type)
> rear tire.
>
> Any thoughts?

Eric,

If this happened at about 40-50 mph, at a rate of 5-10 shakes per second,
you're experiencing one of the normal resonant frequencies of the front end.
Every bike does it (to a greater or lesser degree) and it can't be
eliminated!

The easiest way to control the effects is by holding the bars a little
tighter. Check that your head races are correctly adjusted, and that the
tyres are in good condition/pressure, as problems with these make the
symptoms worse.

Regards,
- --
BRG