Re: [ST] Fuel Stabilizer - OK for the Sprint?

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Reyes"

>  You messed me up  again, in my owners manual on page 78 it says "fuel
> type Unleaded (95 RON)". The owners manual is for my 99 ST. I can not
> find the 89 number your talking about, could you tell me where in the
> Owners or factory service manual it is?

I'm not sure what the owner's manual says, but I'll take your word for it.
I'm refering to the 'fuel type' specification in the factory service manual
(issue 3, 10/99), at the top of page 1.15 in the General Information
chapter.

BTW -- I still don't know what "CLC" stands for, but I discovered that "AKI"
stands for "anti-knock index".

>  What I meant about the alcohol is, if you are using straight isopropyl
> alcohol out of the bottle how much do you put in?

I wouldn't use straight isopropyl for that very reason -- the commercial
stabilzers always have a chart or somthing similar that shows you how much
to mix in to get the required time interval (turns out that the strength of
dilution determines how long the gas remains stable)

> Thanks Neil I just want to make sure, as I would much rather spend cash
> on new stuff for the bike.

don't get me wrong -- the additive that you suggest may be well-worth the
money and very good at what it does -- it's just that improving gas mileage
by boosting octane rating isn't something it does

Neil