[ST] Bad news!

G'day Folks,
The bad news, for me, is that I had an accident with my '01 RS a few weeks
ago and the bike was declared a write off. I lost the front end (40 mp/h)on
a huge diesel spill in a blind corner (the road was closed off soon after my
fall), I should have seen the warning signs when all the tow in vehicles
were standing around waiting for business, the bastards did nothing to warn
the traffic of the spill, they just parked there waiting for the accidents
to happen!! Anyway I escaped without injury thanks to my Wintex 2-piece,
Arai helmet and Lookwell Kevlar gloves. It is a heartbreaking experience
seeing your bike, for which you cared so much being loaded on a truck and
wheeled away.
In lieu of the fact that our currency (South African Rand) has lost almost
25% of it's value since September 11, and the unavailability of any Triumph
stock. I was forced to buy a used bike. The only proper used bike I could
get was a XJR 1300 Yamaha. I will however get a '02 RS, when they arrive
(March '02). The thing is, it's summer here and waiting for three months for
a new bike is not my idea of fun.
The Yamaha is not bad, but it will never ever be an RS. It has got more
power but it is unrefined  and HEAVY at best, but still good fun.
I want to stay on the list because in my heart i'm still one of you, and
it's only three or four months till I get an RS again.

Regards
Gerrit Herbst
'01 Yellow RS (RIP)
'01 Black XJR 1300